Monday 9 July 2007

Lucas 576's

I sold the Triumph Vitesse this weekend to Rich Philpot. It's served us well for the past 3½ years, nearly completing the 2004 RBRR, and finishing the 2005 10CR no problem.



I dropped the Triumph Vitesse off at Stafford and had a quick mooch around the autojumble and managed to source the Lucas 576's I wanted for the Coupé. The chromework and reflectors are in pretty good nick, and they seem to be complete with the necessary fixings. One more thing ticked off the list!



I have a spare fog light lens somewhere (yeah right), but I'm not sure if I should go with two spot lights on the front and the fog light on the back as a reversing light, or a spot and a fog on the front, and a spot as the reversing light. Decisions, decisions.

Geoff Mabbs' Tulip Rally winning Triumph Herald Coupe 111 LHW in 1961 sported Lucas SFT/SLR driving lights fixed not through the front valence, but sideways through the overriders. I'm in two minds to fit mine like this...

hmmm...

No comments: